Contact our family law firm today if you need legal advice and assistance from a divorce attorney in St. Louis. We will help guide you through the legal and healing processes.
At The Betz Law Firm, we understand how challenging divorce is. It can affect nearly every aspect of a person’s life – emotionally, mentally, physically, and financially. Therefore, we are committed to guiding our clients through the divorce process with the same level of professionalism that we would wish for our family members.
The Hardest Stage of Divorce
If you ask people what the most challenging thing was about their divorce, you’ll get many different answers. This is because each person and circumstance is different. Therefore, the most difficult phase of divorce will vary from person to person.
Many people consider the separation phase to be the most difficult. This is the time between when you decide to get divorced and the date you actually get divorced. This period often presents the most uncertainties about child support, visitation, alimony, division of assets, and more. Many people feel overwhelmed during this phase, as there are many emotional ups and downs and complicated decisions.
Other phases that many people find complicated include:
- Worrying about your children
- Making decisions
- Dealing with the legal process
- Depression stage
- Being alone
- Moving on
- What will you do in the future
There are so many questions and concerns that come to mind when going through a divorce. In addition, there are many uncertainties, such as where you’ll live, how the divorce will affect your kids, how you will pay the bills, and so on.
These feelings and concerns can become so overwhelming that your work is affected. You may become overpowered by emotions at the most inopportune times. You may feel like you don’t know what to do or where to turn.
How to Get Through the Tough Times
Going through a divorce is always complicated and challenging, even when a couple is amicable. So, how can you get through the hardest stage of your divorce? The good news? There are many things you can do to get through this tough time:
- Your feelings are normal – feeling angry, sad, confused, exhausted, and scared is okay. It’s natural to have anxiety.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself and give yourself a break – you’re not superhuman, so don’t expect that of yourself. Take the time you need to regroup and heal.
- Don’t go through this alone – share your feelings with a friend or consider joining a support group. Do not isolate yourself, so don’t be afraid to get help.
- Think positively – This is definitely easier said than done. That means it may take a considerable amount of effort to be positive. Move forward by finding new interests, making new friends, and staying focused on positive things.
- Exercise – Studies show that exercise can have a profound positive impact on anxiety and depression. Staying active can relieve stress and reduce negative feelings.
While you may not think so now, life will improve over time. Once the conflicts stop and your divorce ends, you will feel more like yourself again.
Contact The Betz Law Firm
Our firm will help you with more than just paperwork and legal advice. We offer clients superior legal representation in a boutique law firm setting where a close-knit team of professionals comprised of lawyers, paralegals, investigators, and legal secretaries could apply their combined experience and expertise in delivering uncompromising legal advice and service to clients.
Speak With an Experienced Attorney
Our firm uses experience, good communication, and availability to help families get through life changing events.